How to perform the neutral buoyancy skill
- Fully deflate your BCD and lay on bottom of the pool with legs straight and feet about 2 feet apart
- Take a deep breath, see if your torso and legs raise from the bottom, then exhale
- Add a small amount of air to your BCD using the LP inflator and take another deep breath and exhale, do this 2-3 times and see if your torso raises from the bottom, avoid using your arms or legs.
- Repeat step 3 until your torso raises sufficiently on one breath that you fins just stay in contact with the bottom of the pool and you return to the pool bottom when the breath is exhaled
- Congratulations you have now achieved neutral buoyancy
Video provided by our friends at www.coconuttreedivers.com & www.goprocaribbean.com