How to perform the hovering skill
- In water to deep in which to stand sit or kneel on the bottom and fully deflate your BCD.
- Take a deep breath and exhale, if you are still on the bottom add a little air to your BCD and repeat the process.
- Continue adding air to your BCD and inhaling deeply until you lift off the bottom, when this point has been reached exhale fully to descend.
- Attempt to stay off the bottom even when you fully exhale, at this point you should be able to control your buoyancy by the amount of air you have in your lungs
- Congratulations, you are now neutrally buoyant
Video provided by our friends at www.coconuttreedivers.com & www.goprocaribbean.com