How to perform the No mask swim skill
- Break the mask seal at the top of the mask skirt or with 2 fingers in the region of the cheek and allow the mask to flood with water
- Keep breathing and relax, when ready remove the mask, hold onto it, do not drop the mask.
- Your instructor will hold onto your right shoulder.
- When given the signal to do so swim across the pool with your right arm stretched out in front of you
- Continue breathing
- When you have completed the swim, replace the mask.
- Hold the nosepiece of the mask in your right hand
- Move the mask strap and position in front of the mask lense
- Place the mask in position on you face and secure the strap over the back of your head.
- Tilt your head up, place your hand on the top off your mask and exhale forcefully through your nose to displace the water in the mask
Video provide by our friends at www.coconuttreedivers.com & www.goprocaribbean.com