Giant Stride Entry
The giant stride is used when entering the water from a boat, piers, or dock and where the surface of the water is no more than 6 ft from your starting position.
To perform a giant stride entry follow the steps below:
- Stand with your feet at the edge of the boat deck, or platform.
- Place the snorkel or regulator in your mouth.
- Place your right hand over your face so it secures both your mask and snorkel.
- Place left hand over your weight belt buckle. This helps prevent the water impact from opening the buckle on entry.
- Check the area below you for any hazards or other divers in the area.
- While standing straight up and looking straight ahead at the horizon, step forward with either foot.
- You will enter the water with your legs spread wide apart. Bring them together as soon as you enter the water to help propel you towards the surface.
- Display the OK signal as soon as you surface.
Video provided by our friends at www.coconuttreedivers.com & goprocaribbean.com