How to complete and perform the Air Depletion skill
- With your regulator in your mouth, and in water shallow enough to stand up in kneel on the bottom of the pool or sand facing your dive buddy
- Turn your pressure gauge towards your buddy so that they can see it clearly.
- Continue breathing
- When ready to begin the exercise give the instructor the ok signal
- The instructor will close the air cylinder valve
- Your dive buddy should continue to watch your pressure gauge and tank air pressure
- When you are out of air give your buddy the out of air signal and signal for share air.
- Your buddy will pass you their spare regulator, holding it with their right hand and with the regulator facing up
- Clear the regulator and continue to breathe off your buddy’s spare regulator
- The instructor will now open your tank valve
- Check you pressure gauge to ensure that you have air pressure.
- Change back to breathing from your primary regulator.
Video provide by our friends at www.coconuttreedivers.com & www.goprocaribbean.com